In order to be able to use the services of the Regensburg City Library, you need a valid library card. Please fill out the form completely and provide us with the information we need for creating the library card.
You can pick up your library card on the next opening day at the counter at the selected issue location. Please note the opening times. Please bring an official photo ID including proof of address for identification and, if applicable, a notification of a discount with you.
In the case of partner library cards, the ID partner's data must also be entered in the relevant fields. The fields are displayed after selecting the corresponding library card fee.
In the case of minors (up to the age of 18), the data of a legal guardian must also be entered in the relevant fields. The fields are displayed after selecting the appropriate library card fee. A signature for the declaration of consent by a parent or legal guardian must be made when the library card is picked up on site.
You can find all information about the use of the city library as well as the usage and fee regulations here.
The registration for a library card is binding and requires collection. Please transfer the amount or pay the fee at the circulation desk.
Please follow the Link "Neuanmeldung".
With your library card you can borrow in all district libraries during or opening hours. Our digital library is open 24/7.
With an adult library card, you can borrow up to 30 items at the same time. With an library card for children up to 20 items.
The loan period is 28 days. Magazines and DVDs are excluded, these can be borrowed for 7 days.
The loan period of the individual media can be extended up to twice by the same period.
This is not possible if
- the medium is reserved by another customer.
- the maximum number of extensions has been reached.
- your library card has expired.
- the fees on the library card are higher than 20 euros.
How can I renew my media?
- Online, by using the "My Account"/ "Mein Konto" function in the online catalog (OPAC)
- By phone at 0941/507 2470
- In person in one of our libraries
Costs of a library card
- Annual passes for children and young people up to the age of 18 are free!
- Annual passes for adults: € 17
- Reduced annual passes (see usage regulations): € 10
- Partner card (see usage regulations): € 3
- Monthly pass: € 3
If the loan period is exceeded, fees are incurred
- In principle, the following applies: per day and media unit: € 0.20
- Special case DVDs: per day and media unit: € 0.60
- There are no late fees on days when the library is closed.
- Reservations: € 1
We have various free offers for social institutions and initiatives. We look forward to working with you.
Please contact us via email.
- Head of the city library:
Isabelle Kleinknecht, ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRlbGxlYmFzaS50aGNlbmtuaWVsaw==
- Events and PR:
Andrea Borowski, ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRhZXJkbmEuaWtzd29yb2I= / ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRpZXJlaGNldWJ0ZGF0cy5uZWdudXRsYXRzbmFyZXY=
- Childen's library:
Sarah Kästner, ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRoYXJhcy5yZW50c2Vhaw== / ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRpZXJlaGNldWJyZWRuaWs=
- Teenagers / young adults:
Swetlana Kempa, ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRhbmFsdGV3cy5hcG1law== / ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRpZXJlaGNldWJkbmVndWo=
- Media center and school-cooperations:
- Migration and refugees:
Stefan Beer, ZWQuZ3J1YnNuZWdlciRuYWZldHMucmVlYg==
- Digital library:
Once per month we would like to inform you about news and events in the city library. You can register to our (german) monthly newsletter via the link below.